Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane...


Well it's been several days since the inauguration of the nations 44th President. I wasn't privileged to be in DC during this historic event but I did get to see it on Television and I guess it was better since I wasn't out there in the bitter cold and in the confines of my home. While I was watching several things stuck out as funny the first was when former Presidents HW Bush and Clinton were in the breeze hall way prior to being announced to the those in attendance they were talking in the hallway thus causing a bottleneck in the timing of the festivities. The next one was when now former President George W. Bush was introduced several people in the crowd started chanting "Na-Na, Hey-Hey Goodbye". Now it was somewhat expected but it was still shocking. Daniel Ryan, the Ector County Democrat Club president; who was in attendance told me that some in the crowd actually wanted to boo but instead resorted to this. The last one was during the administering of the Presidential Oath of Office, Chief Justice John Roberts flubbed the words tripping up the President-Elect. They did finish the oath but in order to curb skeptics the Chief Justice re-did the oath the next evening. Some say that this oath is purely ceremonial and that there is no need for this as the 20th Amendment provides that the term of the President ends on January 20th at high noon with the new term commencing at the samt time.

No comments: